The Buhl Club is Mercer County’s only comprehensive recreational, social, and wellness facility. The building itself is one-of-a-kind with a long history in the Shenango Valley. It was the vision of industrialist Frank Buhl and his wife Julia to have a safe place to gather for people in the community. The original building was constructed in 1902. The gymnasium and indoor pool were added in 1967, through a capital campaign led by Henry Evans and Leo Winger. The Timblin Annex was added in 1987 through a generous contribution from the Timblin Foundation.
Over the years the building has seen several additions and changes. Even though there have been many changes to the building, our mission and history of service remains the same. Please view a list of the many amenities currently located at the Buhl Club.
Our Facility Includes:
- 2nd Floor Aquatic Center and Indoor Pool
- 2nd Floor Youth Game Room
- 3rd Floor Dance Studio
- 2nd Floor Gymnastics Center
- 1st Floor Child Watch Room
- Fully Accessible Locker Rooms
- Men’s Steam Room
- Women’s Sauna
- Community Room/Lounge Area
- Evan’s Fitness and Wellness Center
- Circle of Life Room
- Three Group Exercise Studios
- 3rd Floor Cross Training Studio (Jump Stretch)
- 3rd Floor Cycling Room
- Free Weight Area
- 2nd Floor Four Handball/Racquetball Courts
- Full Gymnasium (Two Courts)
- Youth Activities Room
- All Purpose Room (Yoga/ Tai Chi)
We are always looking to re-purpose our space to meet the needs of the community. If you have an idea for a program or event that you think fits our mission and our building, please feel free to contact us.