Adult Swim Lessons:
It is never too late to learn to swim. We offer adult swim lessons either in a one on one or a group setting.
SILVERSNEAKERS SPLASH: A fun, shallow-water exercise class that uses a signature splash-board to increase movement and intensity options. Splash is suitable for all skill levels and is safe for non-swimmers. The pool provides many benefits when used for aerobic exercise and resistance training.
The benefits of integrating Kickboxing moves into pool workouts are that buoyancy reduces impact! Jumping moves that were not possible for some participants on land can be performed in water. The resistance of water also slows down movements. Combining Kickboxing moves with high energy drills provides a workout for someone looking for challenging fun.
Aqua Rock and Roll:
High energy, high fun class gives you a chance to stretch and tone your muscles in the easy resistance of the shallow end of the pool.
Tabata is one of the most effective types of high interval training. Mixing this format with the properties of water allows each class to blast away the calories.
This program was designed by physical therapist Jon Kolb for those with physical limitations. The whole class is low impact and conducted in the shallow end of the pool. This class will work all the muscle groups and joints. Modifications can be made depending on your limitations.
Deep Water Aerobics:
Exercises in the deep end of the pool using flotation belts, dumbells and noodles. This class is great for core strengthening, balance and over all fitness with no gravity at all. As you move in new ways, you make your body work harder than it would on land, which increases your flexibility. Individuals with back problems and arthritis, as well as those recovering from injury can work out in the water with a flotation belt for a reduced risk of injury and strain.
Swimming is a great all-in-one fitness package, working most muscles of the body with each stroke. When strokes are performed correctly the muscles lengthen and increase in flexibility. Repetition of strokes improves muscle endurance, and because water creates more resistance against the body than air does the muscles are strengthened and toned. Swimming also greatly enhances core strength, which is vital in overall health, stability and balance.
Reserved/Open Lap Swim Rules
- Lane Reservations can be made either by contacting the lifeguard on duty at 734-981-3700 extensinon 109, or via email to the Aquatic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reservations can be made 24 HOURS PRIOR to designated swim time.
- Reservations will stop being taken 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the designated swim time.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your reserved time you will lose your reservation.
- Three un-cancelled no-shows will result in the loss of your privilege to reserve lanes.
- Lane reservations are for ½ hour intervals. To have the lane for 1 hour you must specify this at the time you make the reservations.
- Any lane that is not reserved will be considered an open lane and available on a first come first served basis.
- Lane 1 is designated for SHARED WATER EXERCISE. Lane 1 must be shared by all those wishing to perform this type of aquatic exercise. Lap swimmers in this lane must relinquish it to those wishing to perform this type of aquatic activity.
- All swimmers and exercisers are expected to stay in their own lane and not interfere with other swimmers.
Water Walking/ Running/ Jogging: Water Walking/ Running/ Jogging: grab a flotation belt and move forward, backward, and sideward, using regular, short, quick, or long steps in shallow, shoulder deep water, or deep water.
Come join this 1 hour exercise class held in the shallow end of our pool, emphasizes flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, and muscle toning. This is a great class for beginners, older adults and those looking to have a good over all workout with minimal impact on their back and joints.
Water Yoga is a gentle low impact aquatic activity, preforming Yoga poses in the water. By using the rhythm of the breath an inner sense of relaxation can be achievedWater Yoga poses simultaneously help you develop:
- Static Balance
- Range of Motion
- This is accomplished in coordination with diaphragmatic breathing and long exhalations. Water Yoga takes the principals and movements of Yoga and adapts them to the water environment. With the release from gravity provided by the aquatic environment the body is able to find the optimum stretch. By using the rhythm of the breath an inner sense of relaxation can be achieved. Water Yoga strengthens and tones the body while relieving tensions and renewing energy. Water Yoga will help you find and tune into the beneficial cycle between the mind and body.
Water Volley Ball:
Come join in a fun game of water volleyball that gives you a chance to relax and socialize with other members of the BCRC family.
This is a performance based program and will run for 14 weeks. From Tuesday September 12, 2017 to Saturday December 16, 2017.
Performances will be on December 9 and 10, 2017. At the Buhl Train Club’s annual winter train show.
Synchronized swimming is a hybrid form of swimming, dance, and gymnastics, consisting of swimmers (either solos, duets, trios, combos, or teams) performing a synchronized routine of elaborate moves in the water, accompanied by music. The Buhl Club is proud to have this program in out Aquatics Department. The Buhl Mermaids have been training young women in our valley in synchronized swimming for over 40 years. This team sport teaches its participants strength, endurance, flexibility, artistry, grace and precise timing and synchronization with your fellow team mates . Become a part of this exciting program.
Any level Buhl Club Members $50.00 | Non Buhl Club Members $100.00
Additional fees for costumes may be required.
Rehearsal / Lesson Schedule
Tuesday 7:00pm to 8:30pm Saturday 7:00 am to 8:00 am
September 12, 2017 September 16, 2017
September 19, 2017 September 23, 2017
September 26, 2017 September 30, 2017
October 3, 2017 October 7, 2017
October 10, 2017 October 14, 2017
October 17, 2017 October 21, 2017
October 24, 2017 October 28, 2017
October 31, 2017 November 4, 2017
November 7, 2017 November 11, 2017
November 14, 2017 November 18, 2017
November 21, 2017 November 25, 2017
November 28, 2017 December 2, 2017
Tuesday December 5, 2017 Mandatory Dress Rehearsal
Saturday December 9, 2017 Mandatory Performance
Sunday December 9, 2017 Mandatory Performance
December 12, 2017 December 16, 2017
Pre–requisites for Synchronized Swim Program
Must be able to comfortably swim the length of the pool (25 yards)
Wear a one piece swimsuit to all practices.
Have long hair pulled back out of the face.
Nose clips and goggles are optional and not provided by program.
Must attend better than 80% (20 minimum) of rehearsals to be in performance.
If more than 10 minutes late for rehearsal the participant will be considered as absent.
For more information Contact:
Coach Jenna 330-717-5435 SVMermaids@aol.com
Buhl Program Director Michelle Bower 724-981-3700 Ext 108
Aquatic Director Chuck Dunkerley 724-981-3700 Ext 107