How Can Water Exercise Classes Help You?
- Improves Flexibility and strength
- Builds Endurance
- Increases muscular flexibility
- Improves muscular balance
- Heart muscle becomes stronger
- Improves over all cardiovascular fitness
- Improves physique
- Increases Circulation
- Rehabilitates Muscles
- Improves ability to control and maintain healthy weight
- Improves balance.
- Have fun!
- Fellowship with other people
- Enjoyable –even when working hard
- Safe programs
- Releases stress and tension
- Helps develop a positive attitude
- Contributes to a feeling of well-being
- Teaches patience
Why is exercising in the water better than exercising out of the water?
- ¨Buoyancy: This water property allows people to do exercises that are difficult on land. Ninety percent (90%) of your body is buoyant when in the water up to your neck, so you are not hitting the floor as hard as you would on land. No pounding or jarring! In the water it is a very light touch!
- ¨Resistance: There is a continual resistance to every move you make: The water offers 12-14 times more resistance than when you exercise on land. Resistance does not allow for sudden body movements.
- ¨Cooling Effects: Water disperses heat more efficiently, so there is less chance of overheating. The water continuously cools the body. Exercise in the water is cooler and more conformable than it is on land.
Why do people exercise in the water?
Most people exercise for one or more of the following reasons:
- Fitness: Getting or keeping in shape. Remember, you cannot just waddle back and forth and expect great results. Improving your fitness depends on how much energy you use.
- Therapeutic: Helping people recover from accidents and sickness. Combating the aging process.
- Social: Meeting and being with other people. You can talk with others as you Water Exercise. Workout facing your partner or side-by-side.
- Stress Release: Gives you a chance to just relax and forget about work, problems, or other things.
- People Watching: There are often classes going on or others to watch. It’s fun to see what’s happening in the pool area.
- Fun: Enjoying the diversion. Water exercise in a playful way and don’t worry about being serious. Laugh and enjoy it! Water exercise is fun!