To provide quality recreational, social, wellness and educational programs for people of all ages in our community.
We provide individuals and families a positive, accepting environment, enabling them to achieve excellence, in their leisure, education, physical fitness and life. We assist people by helping them to add more years to their life and more life to their years.
B.C.R.C. makes memberships available to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, gender identity, national origin, disability or financial circumstances without discrimination.
All members must swipe their membership card at the Member Service desk prior to gaining entry. At this time, members may:
- Purchase guest passes
- Purchase a towel and soap
- Sign out equipment such as basketballs, weight belts, racquetball equipment, game room equipment
- Hand stamped for access to gymnasium
- Please call in ahead to reserve a racquetball court or lap lane in pool
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The Buhl Community Recreation Center is responsible for making sure all guest and members are safe during their time at the center.
- Buhl Community Recreation Center does not permit disrespectful behavior toward members, guests, employees, or property. This includes but is not limited to violent, vulgar, aggressive, profane, threatening, or inappropriate behavior.
- Alcohol: Alcohol may not be consumed on the premises of B.C.R.C. You may not use equipment, services, or attend classes under the influence of alcohol.
- Drugs: The use, possession, or selling of illegal drugs will not be tolerated on the premises. You may not use equipment, services, or attend classes under the influence of drugs. You should not use, or should stop using, any equipment, service or class if your prescription medication effects your ability to use it safely.
- Weapons: You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on the premises for any reason.
- Fighting: Buhl Community Recreation Center has no tolerance policy for fighting. Fighting may result in termination from the center along with proper legal action being taken.
- Theft: Buhl Community Recreation Center has a no tolerance policy for theft. If you are caught stealing you will be terminated from the center along with proper legal action being taken.
- Incidents/Accidents/ Injuries: If you are involved in an incident/ accident that results in an injury while on the premises, please seek immediate assistance from a staff member. A staff member can arrange for appropriate medical assistance and complete an incident report.
- Damage to the facility or equipment: You may not damage the center in any way, including but not limited to any damage to exercise equipment, basketball hoops, racquetball courts, or other center property. If you or a guest on your membership damages the center you must pay for it.
- Lost and Found: Any items that have been lost and found should be turned into the business office or member service desk. All items will be kept for 2 weeks. If they are not claimed they will be donated.
- Cell Phone Cameras: Cell phone cameras may not be used in a photographic or video mode in any locker room, sauna, or steam room. Please use common courtesy when using mobile devices in all areas of the center.
- Dress Code: Proper attire must be worn at all times in the center. Shirts and shoes must be worn in all common areas with the exception of the Wet Hall. Please see “Proper Attire” for more specific areas.
- Member Hygiene:
- Smoking: You may not smoke or use electronic cigarette products inside of or on the sidewalks of the center.
- Parking: All vehicles must be parked in a proper parking space. Parking along the curb is not permitted for any reason including but not limited to dropping off, picking up, or waiting for classes to end.
- Establishing Membership Dues – The Membership Committee, based on the recommendation of the Executive Director and the Buhl Community Recreation Center Staff, has the responsibility for setting, as part of the annual budget, rates for membership dues. The Board of Directors shall approve the budget plan including Membership rates. The pricing of memberships shall also conform to the membership pricing procedures established by the Buhl Community Recreation Center.
- Refunds, Credits or Extensions – The Buhl Community Recreation Center may grant a refund of membership dues or an extension of membership renewal date, when requested by a member due to: serious illness, substantiated by a doctor’s statement and within 60 days of the diagnosis, OR other cases approved by the Executive Director. The Buhl Community Recreation Center does not refund program/class fees. A credit will be transferred to another program.
- Early Cancellation Policy – Any member cancelling their membership within the first year will be charged one additional month. That members will also be charged a joiner fee of one additional month should they choose to sign back up for membership within one year of the cancellation date. There will be no early cancellation fee after 12 consecutive months of membership payments.
- Financial Assistance – It is the policy of the Buhl Community Recreation Center to serve all people regardless of financial situation. Financial assistance shall be provided to individuals based on need as determined by the Department of Public Welfare guidelines and available Buhl Community Recreation Center resources. Applications must be accompanied by documented verification of income.
CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership cards – Membership cards are to be scanned upon entry to the Buhl Community Recreation Center. If a card is lost, a fee of $3 will be charged for a replacement card.
- Membership Duration – The Buhl Community Recreation Center is a membership organization. We provide yearly memberships and guest passes. Please see Guest Privilege/Pass for more information.
- Re-Admission – When a member renews their membership within one month of the date due, they will be renewed as a continuing member and the membership will be dated back to the day when the dues were payable, however, if more than 30 days have elapsed, a person may be subject to the New Member fee.
- Suspension or Revocation of Membership
- Membership privileges may be suspended or revoked at any time by the Executive Director.
- The length of suspension or determination of refund of membership fees will be determined by the Executive Director.
- A person whose membership or privileges have been revoked will not be permitted to utilize programs or services.
- Right to Deny Access or Membership
The protection of members and guests who are participating in programs or are using BCRC facilities is of paramount concern to the staff of Buhl Community Recreation Center. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person who is:
- a registered sex offender
- has plead guilty to or been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse
- has plead guilty or been convicted of any crime against persons such as child, spousal, or parental abuse
- has plead guilty to or been convicted of any offense relating to the sale or transportation of illegal narcotic, habit forming, or dangerous drugs
- is presently clearly under the influence of intoxicating beverages or behavior modifying drugs.
Guest privileges are provided at the Buhl Community Recreation Center by purchasing a guest pass at the Business Office. Guest passes are not replaceable if lost or stolen, and are not refundable. Any Member admitting an individual to the Buhl Community Recreation Center with the purpose of bypassing the Control Desk may have their membership suspended or permanently terminated without a refund.
- Adult First Time Check-in:
- present ID (a copy will be taken)
- complete guest application and waiver
- provide payment
- Member Services Representative will take your picture
- Youth First Time Check-in:
- Must be with an adult that can check them in their first time.
- Adult is to present ID (a copy will be taken)
- Adult completes guest application and waiver
- provide payment
- Member Services Representative will take youth’s picture
- Military Memberships – Active Military- receives a complimentary membership. Veterans – receives 20% off of a yearly membership.
- Staff & Volunteers – Staff and Volunteers will receive a complimentary membership during the course of their employment.
- Sharon City Police and Fire Departments – Sharon City Police and Fire Department employees are entitled to a 20% discount.
- Corporate Discounts – Memberships are offered to area businesses and municipalities that would like to provide discounted membership rates. Please contact the Business Office if you would like to set up a corporate membership for your business or municipality, or to inquire if your business or municipality currently offers a corporate membership.
- Racquet/Hand Ball Courts – proper attire, rubber soled shoes and eye wear.
- Gymnasium – rubber soled shoes and a shirt must be worn at all times
- Group Exercise – comfortable clothing and shoes (a shirt must be worn at all times)
- Pool – bathing suit type material must be worn
WELLNESS CENTER/FREE WEIGHT ROOM
Please stay hydrated while you exercise. You may bring a water bottle, use our water fountains or purchase beverages from our vending machines.
- You must be at least 15 years old to use the Wellness Center and Free Weight Room.
- Youth members ages 12-14 (No Exceptions) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times to use the Wellness Center and Free Weight Room.
- No one under 11 years of age is permitted in the Wellness Center and Free Weight Room.
- No private personal trainers are to use the Wellness Center and/or the Free Weight Room without written permission from the Executive Director.
Our goal is to make sure your experience at the Buhl Community Recreation Center is pleasurable, however we know that time from time there may be a problem at needs addressed. Please speak with a staff member regarding the reason you are unhappy. If the staff member is unable to satisfy you, please see the Executive Director.
MEMBER TO MEMBER DISPUTES
While disputes between members may come about for various reasons, they often begin because of a lack of communication or a misunderstanding. If you find that you have a dispute with another member, please speak with a staff member to help you resolve it. If the staff member is unable to help resolve the issue, please see the Executive Director.