Swimming is a great all-in-one fitness package, working most muscles of the body with each stroke. When strokes are performed correctly the muscles lengthen and increase in flexibility. Repetition of strokes improves muscle endurance, and because water creates more resistance against the body than air does the muscles are strengthened and toned. Swimming also greatly enhances core strength, which is vital in overall health, stability and balance.
Reserved/Open Lap Swim Rules
- Lane Reservations can be made either by contacting the lifeguard on duty at 734-981-3700 extensinon 109, or via email to the Aquatic Director at email@example.com
- Reservations can be made 24 HOURS PRIOR to designated swim time.
- Reservations will stop being taken 15 MINUTES PRIOR to the designated swim time.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for your reserved time you will lose your reservation.
- Three un-cancelled no-shows will result in the loss of your privilege to reserve lanes.
- Lane reservations are for ½ hour intervals. To have the lane for 1 hour you must specify this at the time you make the reservations.
- Any lane that is not reserved will be considered an open lane and available on a first come first served basis.
- Lane 1 is designated for SHARED WATER EXERCISE. Lane 1 must be shared by all those wishing to perform this type of aquatic exercise. Lap swimmers in this lane must relinquish it to those wishing to perform this type of aquatic activity.
- All swimmers and exercisers are expected to stay in their own lane and not interfere with other swimmers